The Hopeful Nihilist
A weekly newsletter covering the intersection of technology, democracy, history, and our place in this quickly changing world.
- The real oppressor, enslaver, and corrupter of the people is the bible.
- “Let justice, humanity, advocates for liberty, and the sacred name of Christians, cease to be the boast of American rulers.”
- America lumbered toward liberty.
- The Americans Who Knew Better: II
- “It seemed that the United States, outside of the barbarian world, were the only defenders of slavery, per se, and its avowed propagandism.“
- Letter to the Editor, Gazette of the United-States, April 21, 1792. “We can but lament that the fate of men should be decided by such brutes….”